Monday, May 26, 2008

Random acts of kindness and good things

Two very nice things happened to me yesterday.

#1: As I was about to purchase my lunch at work yesterday, I realized that I had no cash. OOPS. One of my co-workers spoke up and said that he would pay for my lunch. I refused saying that all I needed to do was visit the ATM and come right back to pay, but he refused.

#2: We had the pleasure of seeing a family member that we rarely see yesterday - Alison. As a bonus to seeing her, she gave me a beautiful hank of Connecticut made alpaca yarn! She is also a lovely knitter and knows how much I love it too. :o) She also made little gifts for all the ladies in the family.

These two acts of kindness come a week after Annie's care package.

So, I decided a few things.

#1: I already knit Annie's surprise mittens. They will be sent off this week.

#2: Those papercuttings that I made for Emily and her mom, Kathie, will be sent out this week too. I finally got the frames from Ikea on Thursday.









#3, #4, #5: Thank you notes to Corey (+$3 for lunch), Alison on a Socks that Rock card, and one to Alvin for a fresh quart of maple syrup in April.

Every random act of kindness deserves another. It always seems like we hear the complaints and the bad things. Let's be positive and spread some lovin'. So, go out into the world and be nice!

No comments: