Friday, February 27, 2009

One Love

Please read this post listening to some Bob Marley… "Let's get together and be alright"

A few things have happened in my personal life lately that have "stirred it up." A bit of gossip through work, a misunderstanding between friends, and another parenting matter. After talking with a friend over a cup of coffee and one over knitting, we found our centers again. I have always believed that our hearts always see the truth and beauty in everything, and our minds just mess it up. If we listen to each other through our hearts we will always be happy and content. For example, I know in my heart that the rumor mill at work is unsavory, but I chose to listen to it anyways. It just made me upset. My heart knew the rumor to be untrue. Sometimes it seems like Chinese water torture just wearing me down. But I know I have the strength within my heart to stay strong. Thank you to my friends for helping me find the lessons in life and give me that strength.

Along with the theme of "One Love," I finally have put the needles to this idea floating around in my head for ages. I have wanted to design this Aran sweater for Delaney and Einin for a looong time. Finally I am putting my thoughts into action. Here's a look at what my brainstorming looks like on paper. And an appetizer of what it will be…




4 comments:

Tasha said...

It's beautiful! And the reason you have great friends is because you are a great friend yourself! Don't think for a second that you don't help us find our centers too! You're amazing and I love you!

angela said...

Just beautiful! I agree, it is our choice how we see and what we listen to about others. And I used to listen to "Three Little Birds" nearly every day to and from the high school where I taught. ....Every little thing is gonna be alright...

Anonymous said...

Of course another lovely creation from the Oh Talented One! I'm sorry things have been going a bit haywire...maybe Mercury is Retrogade right now or something. Nice you've had folks to lift you up....I did turn on Bob Marley and read your post....thanks for that!

Knitnut,Karen said...

It's beautiful. Can't wait to see both sweaters.