Saturday, June 21, 2008

Healing Quilt for Bill



This quilt was made for Bill. (Thank you for your professional photography!) He had to have back surgery and I made this to help speed up his recovery. It is a lap blanket, so just enough for him to keep his legs warm while he is resting. He has made a great recovery and is now back to work. I just free-formed the whole thing with batik fabric from http://www.quiltersdream.com/. I even made my own bias tape. It is too small to see, but I stitched "heal" onto the back of the quilt.
This quilt has a twin for another recovering man named Bill. This Bill is still very sick and needs your prayers and healing thoughts sent his way.
As a side note, Quilter's Dream is a beautiful shop that I remember taking pilgrimages to with my mom when I was little. They have beautiful fabrics and are very nice.

No comments: