Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Blue hue

One of my favorite things about knitting is working with color. I fully admit to fondling skeins of yarn in the store, but the color is what captures my attention. I love using bright punches of vibrant color to spice things up a bit. Lime green, hot pink, electric blue, here I come. One of my favorite hand-dyers is Gail, the kangaroo dyer. She has an amazing eye for color and mixes beautiful tones with a pop. Her talent is evident in the subtleties of each of her skeins. She was gracious to gift me with the most beautiful skein of blue hues today. The colors in this one skein range from stonewashed denim, to carribean sea, to robin's egg. I love it. It will be a February Lady.



1 comment:

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

That is a gorgeous colour. I look forward to seeing what you create with it.