Monday, October 13, 2008

Steve Songs, Christmas bulbs, my walk to work

Surprise Delaney!


We went to his concert yesterday. The best moment was when Steve started singing "Fast Monkey" and the whole crowd of kids screeched. It was so adorable that he has such a loyal following.
http://stevesongs.com/
Steve is Delaney's favorite. When I asked her what she would like to bring into school to share with her classmates, she wanted to bring in Steve. So we brought his Marvelous Day cd. His songs are great! Entertaining for adults too. Every time we listen to the songs, I hear one more funny thing. He lives in the same hometown as my parents and lives down the street. My parents invited him to their "Deck-warming party" and Delaney was out of this world.

I have been making more goodies for the advent calendar... I will teach this Christmas Tree Light at Yarns with a Twist in Chaplin someday (maybe end of November/beginning of December).

I started Abby's cowl from http://www.knitty.com/.

Here's a picture from our first time with a raw fleece. After I washed and dried it, Delaney helped me run it through the drum carder. I made an attempt at dyeing the wool today, but did not get the results I wanted. I was trying for yellow, but got more of an apricot/orangey color.

Took this on my way to work today. God, I love fall.

1 comment:

Jeannine said...

Wow, I am so out of it I don't know who Steve is...my kids are older! ha! Love the pic of the Christmas light-is it felted wool? And also the raw fleece...wow! Yes, isn't Fall the BEST??