Saturday, July 26, 2008

Startitis

Why am I feeling the need to start multiple projects? It must be the same reason that I feel like I need another cat. And spinning wheel. No, the spinning wheel need is the only rational craving. Like I don't have enough going on...





I innocently went to knitting night and Yarns with a Twist in Chaplin; and came home with yarn for Mom's Christmas project and the Circular Shrug. All for under $47! It was too great a temptation. I worked Friday evening and a double today and got a good 6" of Mom's gift done and 3" of the Circular Shrug done. I think that I am a bit knitted out and I wish I could be this productive at home. I also fell in love all over again with Knitting Nature http://www.amazon.com/Knitting-Nature-Designs-Inspired-Patterns/dp/1584794844/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1217120640&sr=8-1 and queued a few things on Ravelry.



I also made a new sewing machine cover out of Amy Butler's fabric (below, and see her link under craft blogs on the right) that coordinates with the Ikea wooden magazine holders and magnetic message board that I covered with the same fabric. I used the nylon cover that came with the machine as a template. Added a little white ric rac at the bottom for a bit more funk. I LOVE the fabric so much! The walls of my sewing room are the light aqua color. I feel so Martha matchy-matchy.


No comments: