Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Bakerwoods, a sugar shack and Hurst Farm

Yesterday Delaney and I went to Bakerwoods. What a wonderful time we had. Chickens, geese, ducks, roosters, bunnies, horses, goats, pigeons. Most of them just roaming free. As you know, if you've been following, she wants nothing more than to hold a baby bird. You are not allowed to pick up the birds, but she got to pet them. She was very excited.
They also have a gnome trail. There is a scavenger/I spy to spot all of the gnomes things. We had such a lovely time looking for signs of gnomes as we walked around the pond. The leaves were beautiful. I can't wait to go back.
http://www.visitbakerwoodsfarm.com/index.html
On the way to Bakerwoods, we stopped at a sugar shack/honey house. We visited for a bit and got to sample some delicious hot maple syrup. The owner, Bill, was a great host. :o)
http://www.riversedgesugarhouse.com/
Today we had a school field trip to Hurst Farm in Hebron.
http://www.hurstfarms.com/index.php?main_page=index
We took a hay ride to pick turnips and then continued along to feed them to the bulls and goats. Next off to the pumpkin patch to pick a pumpkin! The kids had a snack of apple cider and cookies and then ran around a corn/haystack maze. The cutest part about the whole thing was that Delaney and her friend, Ella, held hands the whole time. They were adorable. It was so cute to see this budding friendship.

I didn't bring my camera along for any of this because I really just wanted to sit back and enjoy. I am feeling so crazy ( I hope that it is just related to being pregnant and not certifiably crazy. Sometimes I wonder.)

1 comment:

Jeannine said...

What a perfect fall trip you had! I should do that sometime...just not bring my camera and sit back and watch it happen...
I hope my Loppem comes out as purty as yours!!! :)