Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Being a grownup.

Parenting:
I got some really great advice about parenting a couple of weeks ago:

"Let the universe teach your daughter the lessons."
As soon as this advice sunk in, I cannot believe the weight of stress that was relieved.
No more fighting to get a jacket on before we leave. If she doesn't want to wear a coat, let her be cold. She will eventually ask for one. Who cares what the other parents think.
ahh. It is really working. Delaney and I are getting along really well and having fun! I am also really enjoying her last few days as an only child. She is so amazing and fun and optimistic and caring.

Other grown-up stuff:
I will write about it in generalities because it is hard to write about this part on a public blog because it is very private, but it is about forgiveness and letting go, caring and compassion.

I came to a realization the other night about an incident that happened this spring and I think that I am finally starting to cope and move on. It gave me the strength to confront (in a good way) one of the players involved. I feel a relieving sense of closure and peace. What a perfect time of year for this growth and new beginnings.
In other knitting news:
Vest for FIL is finished, and has an alternate giftee incase it is too small = Ameran.

This flew off the needles in under a week.

Crochet fan scarf # 3 for a co-worker's wife is finished. I don't think that I will ever tire of crocheting this design.

No comments: